The 92nd Infantry Division
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 92nd Infantry Division

Quality alternate history roleplay.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Belgian Campaign, May 1940

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Pvt. O'Connor
Admin
Pvt. O'Connor

The Belgian Campaign, May 1940 Empty
PostSubject: The Belgian Campaign, May 1940   The Belgian Campaign, May 1940 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 1:40 am

The Belgian Campaign, May 1940 Battle10

I figured this would be a great starting point because it was one of the first battles on the Western front that the British had a fairly large part in. One problem with this campaign that I will freely admit is the lack of models for new factions; SO, we will make do and improvise with already existing ones, bare with me here.

Background:
The Battle of Belgium began on the 10th of May, 1940 and ended on the 28th of May, 1940. Generally, it was fought in the Belgium-Luxembourg area, but the main goal of this operation was for the germans to gradually push their way into France, country by country - part of the larger plan codenamed the Fall Gelb (Akte Gelb may be a better translation, according to Trande), or Case Yellow. France, Luxembourg and Netherlands assisted with the battle, but all three nations eventually surrendered to the superior German force; they were completely outnumbered and outgunned during this battle. As you may expect, the result of the battle was the German occupation of Belgium and some parts of Luxembourg, as well as the formation of the Free Belgian Forces, a small partisan-esque group formed to support the allies.

Factions Layout:

Professional Militaries:
Wehrmacht (92. Infanterie-Division)
British Army (I Corps of the British Expeditionary Force)

Later factions:
Waffen SS (3. Totenkopf SS Panzerdivision)
Fallschirmjaeger (1st Parachute Division - will get translation later)

Unorganized Groups:
Belgian Partisans
Citizens (Event only, as this is mainly a combat RP event)
Back to top Go down
https://92ndinfanterie.forumotion.com
Pvt. O'Connor
Admin
Pvt. O'Connor

The Belgian Campaign, May 1940 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Belgian Campaign, May 1940   The Belgian Campaign, May 1940 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 2:44 am

Update:
There will be two days of Occupation roleplay if the Germans win the battle, then we'll move onto the Battle of France.
Back to top Go down
https://92ndinfanterie.forumotion.com

The Belgian Campaign, May 1940
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The 92nd Infantry Division :: 1942 Roleplay [CLOSED] :: Campaigns [OOC]-
Jump to: