The 92nd Infantry Division
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 92nd Infantry Division

Quality alternate history roleplay.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Upcoming "canon reset" and a new emphasis on survivor RP

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Pvt. O'Connor
Admin
Pvt. O'Connor

Upcoming "canon reset" and a new emphasis on survivor RP Empty
PostSubject: Upcoming "canon reset" and a new emphasis on survivor RP   Upcoming "canon reset" and a new emphasis on survivor RP I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 8:14 am

This isn't going to work. We don't have an established canon and currently the server is a gigantic clusterfuck of factional circlejerks - there's no real survival aspect to any of this. This is partially due to me not posting canon and partially due to the fact that you all rushed the story and wanted to get straight into factions.

So stop. Because now I have to go clean up our mess. This Friday, we're going back to the point in the story where we went to a neighbouring town after the Little Town incident. We won't be changing maps, so don't misunderstand me here. We're just going back to the point where Roehm and my character lead us all into the town.

So here's a basic plan of it all:
- Roehm and I lead you all back into the town.
- We find the town completely abandoned, but with no explanation left behind.
- Hours after we all settle in (ICly and OOCly), every phone in the town is going to ring and an automated government message is going to play explaining the situation very vaguely.
- A few days after this call, we'll find out that the government has collapsed and that a mysterious virus is spreading all across the States.

Your circlejerks can continue after the main story events are done. We need a focus on SURVIVAL, not faction politics.
Back to top Go down
https://92ndinfanterie.forumotion.com
Pvt. O'Connor
Admin
Pvt. O'Connor

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming "canon reset" and a new emphasis on survivor RP   Upcoming "canon reset" and a new emphasis on survivor RP I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 8:27 am

Also - factions will form NATURALLY and over time. Not overnight. It's not going to be "hahah we found military uniforms let's start a faction hahaha". The only exception will be the Marxists and the AWP as they had support before the infection.
Back to top Go down
JewKiller1488
Admin
JewKiller1488

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming "canon reset" and a new emphasis on survivor RP   Upcoming "canon reset" and a new emphasis on survivor RP I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 8:29 am

Quit blaming a problem you created on everybody else. You're too narcissistic to admit that you made a mistake by jumping the gun on factions. How about instead of yoinking away everybody's progression OOC, you deal with this IC? There's nothing but your own laziness and factionalism preventing you from continuing with the main story.

You set your faction wages sky high and allowed Mark (your scapegoat) to spawn guns for your faction. People I've spoken with think it's because you're basically the "head admin" along with Mark, and nobody can stop you from overpowering your own circlejerks. You created the problem by defining your roleplay on factions. You specifically expressed the ability to bridge off into factions when the idea was proposed.

This emphasis created the divide between the community, which inevitably drove the faction towards faction politics. If you can't think of a solution besides DC retconning everything, then you fail to understand the purpose of zombies and PMCs as a plot device.

PS: Inevitably, as a faction leader, I expect that everybody will pull the strawman of accusing me of not wanting to "lose my faction." I couldn't care less for such accusations, but I'd rather point out the fact that you misinterpreted my argument based off of a stubborn assumption.
Back to top Go down
Pvt. O'Connor
Admin
Pvt. O'Connor

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming "canon reset" and a new emphasis on survivor RP   Upcoming "canon reset" and a new emphasis on survivor RP I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 8:31 am

So I'll lower our wages and I'll remove everyone from AWP. AWP is getting too out of hand anyway. That's the purpose in doing this. This isn't retconning anything.
Back to top Go down
Pvt. O'Connor
Admin
Pvt. O'Connor

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming "canon reset" and a new emphasis on survivor RP   Upcoming "canon reset" and a new emphasis on survivor RP I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 8:42 am

This isn't a full on reset. Nobody is losing power here. This is our idea of balancing out the factions. As you've noticed, AWP has far too much power. Every faction has too much power. This is SURVIVAL RP. Not factional politics RP. So we're cutting down factional numbers and making every faction a minor faction other than the stars of the show - the actual survivors.
Back to top Go down
Verdone
Admin
Verdone

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming "canon reset" and a new emphasis on survivor RP   Upcoming "canon reset" and a new emphasis on survivor RP I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 9:16 am

"I'll remove everyone from AWP." Not a full reset.
Back to top Go down
Pvt. O'Connor
Admin
Pvt. O'Connor

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming "canon reset" and a new emphasis on survivor RP   Upcoming "canon reset" and a new emphasis on survivor RP I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 9:34 am

I'm removing everyone FROM ALL FACTIONS. This isn't just harming AWP. Why would I kill off my own faction? We're going back to the point where we move into the town, then we'll let the story develop naturally with minor interference at key points.
Back to top Go down
Mister_Vasili

Mister_Vasili

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming "canon reset" and a new emphasis on survivor RP   Upcoming "canon reset" and a new emphasis on survivor RP I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 10:06 am

The factions wouldn't be so bad if they stood over Survivors like giants kind of like we've been doing but start out treating the the factions like survivors. Make the factions have to actually ICly do shit to gain weapons and power and have it so they worry more about the infected then each other. I just think that's a good point to start out at. I'm also willing to play as my loner character if we have too many people playing as a faction because I can see how that would scare off players.
Back to top Go down
Mark Valentinus

Mark Valentinus

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming "canon reset" and a new emphasis on survivor RP   Upcoming "canon reset" and a new emphasis on survivor RP I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 11:51 am

I believe we should have one faction assist in the building and security of the town which is what the A.W.P. was doing, then the Cluster fuck of other factions piled into the town when they found the town. It's the only town the Trader goes to, which makes sense, so I can agree that all factions should be allowed in the town.
Back to top Go down
Mark Valentinus

Mark Valentinus

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming "canon reset" and a new emphasis on survivor RP   Upcoming "canon reset" and a new emphasis on survivor RP I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 11:52 am

The only reason the A.W.P. Patriots had weaponry was because they were already given this due to the fact that they had Government support and took what supplies they had in Little Town to this new area. They didn't have rifles and or tanks, and they weren't taking over any areas, they were merely holding a town and allowing everyone access to trade as long as they didn't start shit, there has to be some sort of force watching over the town to make sure no one gets Apoc jumped.
Back to top Go down
Mark Valentinus

Mark Valentinus

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming "canon reset" and a new emphasis on survivor RP   Upcoming "canon reset" and a new emphasis on survivor RP I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 11:54 am

Nobody complained about this over the forums or talked to an Admin, everyone was really cool about the A.W.P.'s care, we gave out food, water, information, and security, they were dicks to the other factions but that's what I was told to act like, that's what Canon I was told, but now that there is more light being shed on the subject, we should just reset so everyone is even. I stepped down from my LT. position due to the fact that I don't want the trouble that comes with it for trying to create R.P. for people, I have Admin duties such as starting events and setting up buildings, and another independent faction that requires a lot more attention than A.W.P.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming "canon reset" and a new emphasis on survivor RP   Upcoming "canon reset" and a new emphasis on survivor RP I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Upcoming "canon reset" and a new emphasis on survivor RP
Page 1 of 1